The Fifth World Day of the Poor will be observed on 14 November 2021. This year’s theme “Open the Doors of My Heart” is a summons to responsibility and commitment as men and women who are part of our one human family, as we can read in Pope Francis’ text:
The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul is in a perfect position to promote the World Day of the Poor. That special day is also a great opportunity for the Society to:
- increase the visibility of SSVP work and activities;
- make known the mission of the SSVP;
- foster closer ties between Vincentians and parishioners during Eucharistic celebrations, to live the message of the Gospel together by serving Christ through the poor with love, respect, justice and joy;
- recruit new members;
- conduct campaigns to raise funds or collect non-perishable food items in support of Vincentian work.
You will find on this page the tools that you may use as is, or adapt according to your conference, store or outlet needs.
1. World Day of the Poor Campaign Guide for members: World Day of the Poor Guide
Available in this guide:
- Campaign blueprints, for a conference or store/outlet;
- Text for a parish speech;
- Text for a parish bulletin;
- Prayer card;
- Press Release.
2. World Day of the Poor posters and prayer cards
Please download the PDF files below and have them printed at your local printing service business.
To print at your local Staples, please folow these instructions: Instructions to print at Staples
Personalized – complete the online form to add the conference or council information on the poster. The personalized PDF poster will be send to you by email: Personalized Poster Form
3. Presentation about the campaign: