Twinning Resources


Twinning Resources

Funds are sent by the National Council of Canada to the higher councils of our twinning partners in February, May, August and November, funds must be received at the national office no later than the 1st of the month. 

The minimum amount sent per year is $400, and the maximum amount is $3000. 

Payment methods

Please use this online form for match contributions, regardless of which payment type you use (credit card, e-transfer, or check). 

Twinning and Project – Transmittal Form

The National Council of Canada deducts an annual administration fee from the first contribution sent. 

The administration fees are: 

  • $25 for funds sent online, 
  • $50 for funds sent by cheque. 

Conferences and councils are encouraged to add this amount to their contribution, so as not to penalize their twinning partner. 


A regular exchange of correspondence between the two paired parties will strengthen the bonds of friendship and understanding. Information exchanged may relate to mutual experiences, local activities, interests, members and personal concerns, as well as photos. It is essential to receive responses on a regular basis or at least once a year. 

Eligible countries 

Canadian conferences and councils can only partner with eligible American countries, namely: 

Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Colombia, Dominica, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Cayman Islands, Island of Saint Kitts, British Virgin Islands, India, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Peru, Dominican Republic, Saint Lucia, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, Ukraine, and Zambia. 

For more information

Transmission form

Annual twinning report

You must now complete the online form. The link is sent every year, in January, by the twinning newsletter. If you have not received it, ask the twinning administrative assistant for the link at 

Operational Manual

Twinning Application Forms 

All funds sent to the twinning countries must be in accordance with the twinning protocol established for sending financial assistance outside the country. The funds must be transmitted to the administrative assistant of the National Council of Canada, to guarantee the security and accounting of the operation. There are guidelines and procedures to assist conferences and councils participating in the twinning program. Vincentians would be going against their duty of responsibility towards donors if they were to “twin” with people, groups or organizations outside the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul.