Safe, secure and affordable housing is a human right
Imagine what it must feel like to step into your own space for the first time – a place you can call home, with your own bed, your own table and chair, and knowing that you and your belongings are safe. Many of us take this for granted, but for some, that moment is unique and life-changing.
Driven by the belief that safe, secure and affordable housing is a human right, the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul launched its national housing campaign on February 7, 2021, the feast day of Blessed Sister Rosalie Rendu. The stories heard and struggles witnessed over the years have compelled us to act and advocate, more formally, for those individuals and families in need. We encourage all members of the Society to support and embrace this fundamental human right in the work they do, and to participate in one or more of the various actions outlined in our NATIONAL ACTION PLAN: Safe, secure and affordable housing is a human right; additional material will be shared throughout the year.
Below are some helpful resources for anyone wishing to get involved in their area.
- Guiding Principles for Affordable Housing
- Pamphlet: National Action Plan (Housing)
- Video: National Housing Campaign objectives.
- Bookmark with campaign prayer: single version and 4 per page.
- Logo: to be used when producing material.
- Instructions: how to print materials (in high quality) at Staples.
- Secondary Suite – Affordable housing built affordably
- February 12, 2022 – Housing webinar – witnessing existing housing projects