Ontario Regional Council
Dear Fellow Vincentians,
Thank you to everyone who attended the ONRC meeting held in St. Catharines March 31/April 1st. Our attendance continues to grow with each ONRC meeting, with 112 attendees, another new high. It was wonderful to see you there. We were honored Saturday morning to start our day with a beautiful Mass celebrated with Most Reverend Gerard Bergie, Bishop for the Diocese of St. Catharines.
The President’s Roundtable on Friday was filled with great questions and good discussion about the following topics:
- North of 60 project – Pegg Leroux detailed plans to expand this wonderful program
- Human Resource policies
- Financial information re: claiming GST/HST from CRA
- SSVP liability insurance coverage – the need to ensure we fully understand coverage provided
- Communications – a focus group was formed to review and introduce measures to improve all communication avenues
The following Information from this weekend’s events will be posted on the Ontario Regional Website - Members site, once all information is compiled. This information will include:
- A summary of the President’s Roundtable discussions will be posted under “Meetings & Reports” http://members.ssvp.on.ca/workshops.php
- A summary of the four workshops held on Saturday will be found at http://members.ssvp.on.ca/workshops.php. I encourage everyone to view the tremendous work taking place.
- The minutes of the meeting will be posted at http://members.ssvp.on.ca/minutes.php
Please remember that these ONRC meetings are open for all Vincentians to attend. These meetings give you an opportunity to network and learn more about the good work happening throughout Ontario to serve our friends in need. Our fall meeting will be hosted by Lakeshore PC September 29/30, 2017 in a community located east of Oshawa and just north of Highway 401. There will also be a short ONRC meeting for folks who attend the National AGA in Quebec June 21 – 25th. The new International President will be at the National AGA.
Please feel free to reach out to me or a member of the Executive team at any time should you have questions or need assistance. Our email contact information is on the website at http://www.ssvp.on.ca/rc/contactus.php.
Thank you for all that you do to serve our friends in need.
President, Ontario Regional Council